For Vita.mn's spring fashion spread, we headed to Angry Catfish Bicycle and Coffee Bar in south Minneapolis to capture spring's colorful, layered looks. Taking a cue from the bohemian styles of the '70s and the grunge edge of the '90s, we piled on plenty of layering necessities -- cardigans, scarves, tights, knit hats -- to keep you chicly shielded from the elements. To keep things fresh, you can mix in the season's tropical florals and bright, graphic prints with subtle tones and rich textures, for a look that's as bold and eclectic as it is laid-back and practical.
Toughen up feminine florals with leather details.
- Silk hibiscus print blouse by Nanette Lepore ($248 from Nordstrom.
- Poly georgette ruffle top by Betsey Johnson ($88).
- Cotton/silk knit cardigan by Sonia by Sonia Rykiel ($585) from Macy's.
- Leather laser-cut "Rocker" shorts by Betsey Johnson ($68).
- Knit beret by Bar III ($17.15 on sale) and leather "Zipper Market" bag by Jil Sander ($1,320) from Macy's.
- Painted glass pendant by KR Designs ($28) from Cliché.
- "Navajo" print wedges by Chinese Laundry ($79.95) from Nordstrom.