1. No Purchase Necessary. The Vita.mn 2012 Summer Story Contest is sponsored by Vita.mn and Star Tribune Media Company LLC, located at 425 Portland Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55488. Prizes are provided by Vita.mn and The Star Tribune Company. No purchase is necessary to enter or to win.
2. Contest Period. The "Contest Period" begins at 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 31, 2012, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. on Monday, July 2, 2012.
3. How to Enter. To enter, write a story about one of the 'seven deadly sins' in no more than 300-600 words and send it via e-mail to email@example.com during the contest period. Stories can be fact or fiction. With your entry please be sure to include name, phone number and any other pertinent contact information. To be eligible, contestant (sometimes referred to herein as an "entrant") may enter more than one story in multiple categories; however, no author may have more than one story selected for the finalist round. Stories can include a caption that provides background on the subject matter of the story (each story and caption entered in the Contest are jointly referred to herein as a "story"). All stories (including related captions) submitted must adhere to Vita.mn and Star Tribune Media Company LLC standard terms and conditions for user-generated content. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any story for any reason. To be eligible, all entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. CST on Monday, July 2, 2012 (the "Entry Deadline"). All entries remain the property of the author, but the sponsor will receive first-reading rights of the story. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, illegible, incomplete, damaged, late or misdirected entries, all of which will be void.
4. Submissions. By entering the Contest and submitting a story to Sponsor, each entrant has represented (i) that the entrant is the creator and copyright owner of the story, (ii) that the entrant has granted to the Sponsor an irrevocable license to publish, republish, distribute and copy the edited Story an unlimited number of times in any print, electronic or other medium, and (iii) that the entrant has obtained from anyone identified or depicted in the story (or the parent or guardian of any child identified or depicted) all permission necessary to grant the Sponsor the foregoing license.
5. Selection of Winners. On, or about, July 12, 2012, the Contest judges will select the top Stories to be read by the Vita.mn Judges panel. Contest judges will judge on quality of submission. On or about July 14, 2011, one first place winner and up to 20 runners-up will be selected using the criteria stated above. A “Fan Favorite” submission will also be selected after all stories have been read aloud at the Vita.mn event; this winner will be determined based on number of votes received by attendees of the event. The decisions of the Contest judges regarding entries and winners shall be final.
6. Prizes. First-Place Prize - One (1) first-place winner will receive the First-Place Prize, which will consist of the story being published in Vita.mn, the opportunity for the author to read his/her story at an upcoming Vita.mn event and $750. Up to 20 runners-up will have their story published in Vita.mn and also have the opportunity to read at an upcoming Vita.mn event. Fan Favorite Prize - One (1) fan favorite submission will also be selected from all stories read during the Vita.mn event, the author of this submission will receive a literary prize pack valued at $250. Each winner accepts responsibility for compliance with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws pertaining to use and acceptance of each prize.